Wednesday, January 28, 2009

somewhere out there...

I danced around your lies for far too long now/ watching waiting for the day you'd change/ and your plans did not go the way you planned/ though thoughtfully crafted with pen and paper and held to your refrigerator with a magnet ad from the yellow pages/ Though we step on stages and perform for those who think they know us well/ oh how the face does tell what's real and what's, well, false/ you check my pulse when I'm asleep/ I'm only with you in body when I'm asleep/ it is in my dreams that I leave you to explore the world within my ears/ indeed, the universe is within our ears/ and when my life ceases to exist/ the universe the way I know it will die with me/ you'll probably cry with my body within your arms/ though I'll be gone/ somewhere out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment