Thursday, December 18, 2008

The dreams of figurines & mannequins

The dreams of figurines & mannequins

Today I'm empty like the hollow dreams of figurines and mannequins/
waiting for this empty space around my neck to be replaced with a warn and tattered rope/
I hope I took the vows the angels whispered in my ears/
I hope I've made a good impression along these seamless years/
I taught the masses to face their fears/ and here I'm bent and broken drenched in tears/
and there's no reciprocation or hesitation from the flock, their faces stained with fodder.
I thought I would have been morally taller/ If my heart had been just a little larger/
I could take hellfire for all of those I've lead astray/ and indeed I will, one day...

(This piece expresses how one may feel when going through depression. Like they have lost all hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment