Friday, December 26, 2008

The realization of the flowers

My daughter has brought me her flowers and smiles/ I don't want to go outside/ I want to stay
by her side for a while/ and like her mind/ these flowers are wild/ and all the while her life goes by/ I bury my
nose in endless files/ trying trials/ and traveling miles and miles/ away from the ones who love me
the most/ I'm all grown up/ but like a child I long to be home/ playing in piles of leaves/ or wrestling
with my sons in mud with rolled up sleeves/ all the air that I breathe, what's it there for/ If I can't be
with the ones I truly adore/ I'm bored with my work and my boss is a jerk/ and the condscending
clerk who controls all his paper work/ who secretly lurks in office corners while smirking/ my aim
is to play this game to pave the way for my kids to never have to live this way.

(This piece is about a father who wants to provide a future for his kids but wishes he didn't have to miss watching them grow up to do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment