Tuesday, January 13, 2009

everything is nothing and nothing is everything

My heart is hidden/ within your treasure trove of lies and emptry promises/ fools gold/ and still I fall for it/ and I/ a hopeless romantic/ a helpless/ hopeful/ fun and full of courage/ and happiness/ I bring a boatful/ boastful/ brave and buried in shame and guilt/ a blemished name/ an endless claim to fame/ Waiting through raining days/ wading through empty graves/ I face my fears and fight your dragons once again/ a thankless job/ an endless task to which I get no notice or reprieve/ beareavement/ is my punishment/ that's the sum of it/ if you add it up/ it won't make sense and never will/ everything is nothing/ and nothing is everything/

( these are the truncated ramblings of a fool)

No comments:

Post a Comment