Saturday, July 17, 2010

Post Apocalyptic Silence


The angels fighting/ flailing/ wailing loudly against each other en mass/ in anger, fear and filth/ a fifth of earth is covered in embers falling/ like gray snow gliding, floating slowly/ upon the heads of angels turned to stone/ stuck staring into the midnight sky/ forever/ I wonder why I am the last to stand again/ and here I am the thinker/ writing words no one would care to read/ nor understand/ and life/ a tragic course/ and this heart of mine has turned to iron/ I bathe in melancholy/ I feel my tears/ devoid of meaning if no one is there to see them fall/ I've tried to end my life a thousand ways and every day I wake up at Your ocean's shore/ the waves crashing/ a whales thrashing/ the surf bashing abandoned ships into rocky harbors/ My God, my Father/ why am I here? and as always, ...silence is my answer

No comments:

Post a Comment