Friday, January 23, 2009

I lit the bill on fire

What is it that I can help you with? You never spoke your name/ it never slipped past my face and drained into my ears/ What is this silent music that I hear? And am I the only one who feels the bone chilling winds sneaking into our solemn town? I loop around my house and check the ground to see how cold it is/ I do useless tests to ease the OCD within my mind/ One last time and I'm back again/ in repetative torment/ and what is left for me to do? To stop and look at you and your disfigured face and contorted curves/ Have I ever told you how ugly I've found you to be? Do you talk and feel the same for me?/ I dwell on endless nothings and pour my mental powers within your empty promises of hope and love/ You said you fed me/ yet failed to fill my cup/ an empty plate and then you come and bring the bill and ask with what charge should I fulfill my order? I turn to you and flash a smile/ then light the bill on fire/

No comments:

Post a Comment